Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Urban Eats shows

SERVE YOURSELF

My first event at Urban Eats is this Sunday, April 25, 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.  There will be food and drink for sale in the cafe side, and art for looking at in the Urban Arts Collective side (enter through the cafe.)  My show this month is "Sign language", photographs I've been taking of signs over the last few years.  (And while you're there check out work from Angie Griffith, UMSL's PPRC Project, Thomas Shepherd, and Naomi Silver.)


A week after this event the sign show comes down and up goes the May show, "Right this instant", which will be a collection of images I've made with Polaroid film.  The Polaroids will be up all throughout the month of May at Urban Eats, with the meet-the-artist event on Sunday, May 23, 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. 


And in June I will put up my final show at Urban Eats — the theme is still being ironed out, but it will more than likely include at least a few photos of Globe Drugs, on my beloved Cherokee Street.


So the photo above really fits with all three shows ... I knows what I loves, and I loves that sign.


Hope to see you at Urban Eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment