Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sham

 


What I love more than taking photographs is sewing. I intend to bring these together in my work at some point when I come up with a clever idea for doing it.

About a year ago I decided to make a quilt. It's a t-shirt quilt, inspired by a book written by Cathy Cano-Murillo, the Crafty Chica. I got a bunch of cute or funny or whatnot t-shirts from a thrift store, and chose other fabrics to go with the t-shirt panels. Measure measure, cut cut.

As I'm pretty new to sewing, it took forever to assemble this thing. But I finally finished it sometime in the Fall, I think. Ever since then I meant to make some shams to match the quilt but one project or another kept me from doing that and a couple of weeks ago I decided to just get it done. I finished them this morning and whew! I can clean a few sewing things off the dining room table so I can get to getting some photos ready for next week's show.

What have you been making? (Or what would you like to make if you had the time, space, etc.?)

No comments:

Post a Comment