Sunday, January 25, 2009

Polaroids



Originally uploaded by Hilary (curioush)
I took this in my kitchen the other day. With a Polaroid SX-70. A wonderful camera. I only picked one up a while after Polaroid discontinued its film, unfortunately.

You can use (the fairly common) 600 film in it, but it takes a bit of adjustment, and it still lacks the qualities of the original film. And now that Polaroid has discontinued all film production, 600 is becoming harder to find.

Good news for Polaroid may be on the horizon. There are reports that integral* film may come back into production, if The Impossible Project comes to fruition. Yay!



* e.g., 600, SX-70. The kind that the camera spits out in one piece. The "shake it like a Polaroid picture" kind. Pack film -- the two-part kind used in Holgaroids and for Polaroid transfers and emulsion lifts -- is still a goner. For now, at least.

2 comments:

  1. You have a blog! I love it!

    I have been meaning to do this myself for a while. Your photos look great.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty!

    Yes, blog please! You'd be great at it -- your images, words....

    Thank you for stopping by; I think you're about the third visitor. Yay!

    ReplyDelete